Anyone interested in playing softball this summer. If you have any questions, contact Brian Douglas at 812-779-8403 or Rusty Reeves at 812-677-2348.
If you’re looking for fellowship & accountability in developing fitness, or a fun new challenge in self-discipline, join Run the Race! We’ll meet on Saturday mornings (6:30 tentatively) at Bethel for a quick devotional and warm up, then head out for a relaxed run and end with fellowship & prayer. We will be setting time and/or distance goals together, and look at local upcoming races. Sign up at the Information Desk if you’re interested. We’ll start April 2nd!
There are currently several small groups (3-7 men in a group) studying God’s Word and learning from each other. If you are interested in joining one of our men’s small group Bible studies, please contact our Men’s Ministry director Clint Williams at 270.314.0002 for more information.
BETHEL MEMORIAL CHURCH offers Sunday School Classes for ages 2 years through Senior Saints.
Time is 9:30 to 10:25 am.
BETHEL MEMORIAL CHURCH
NURSERY AND CHILDCARE MINISTRY
INFECTIOUS DISEASES POLICY
It is the desire of this church to meet the spiritual needs of each individual who comes to the church seeking worship, fellowship and spiritual growth. While all persons who wish to participate will be welcomed, we have instituted precautions as established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to minimize the risk of spread of communicable diseases.
Enacting this policy will take the cooperation of the Church, Children’s ministry workers and the parents. Below are the parent’s guidelines as stated in the policy.
Children’s ministry workers consider the welll-being of your child a sacred trust. In the best interest of children and workers, we request that individuals with contagious illnesses or potentially contagious illnesses, whether they are children or ministry workers, refrain from participating in children’s ministry areas at the church.
- Fever above 100 degrees taken orally (must be normal for 24 hours before participating).
- Discharge from ears or eyes.
- Discolored mucous from the nose (not caused by teething).
- Skin lesions that blister.
- Undiagnosed rashes.
- Vomiting or diarrhea lasting several hours during the past 24 hours.
- Excessive signs of cold, tiredness, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, or coughing – any highly contagious disease such as chicken pox or pink eye.
As an additional precaution, we also ask that children refrain from bringing personal items such as stuffed animals, blankets, dolls, etc. into the classrooms.
A copy of the Infectious Diseases Policy in its entirety is available at the Information Center.
I find great resources from time to time through the different publications I receive. Here are a few websites that were recommended for parents of Teenagers in an article by youthworktalk.com I have not looked through all the pages of each website and, as a result, cannot endorse every single thing they say. Below is the list.
- The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding- cpyu.org
- Parentzilla – Taming the Teenage Years
- Homeword Center for Youth and Family – http://www.homeword.com/
- Orange Parents
- Parent Ministry – http://www.parentministry.net/
- Focus on the Family
- Plugged In
- Biblical Parenting
- The Youth Culture Report
Feel free to check these out for yourself.
Justin Hight, Youth Director
Wednesday – 7:30 am
Sunday AM Prayer – We welcome you to join this group who prays specifically for the Pastor’s prayer requests each Sunday morning. A list is maintained for three months in advance. You can sign up and if enough individuals sign up, you may only be asked to serve once during the 3-month period.
Contact Donna Whitehead or the church office for more information.
Attention Parents! Help Us Get Ready…
Help us with the new children’s check-in process.
Create Your Own Account
Go to GO.KIDCHECK.COM
SIGN UP TODAY!
Children’s Ministry news:
It is an exciting time to be involved with the children’s ministry! The attendance continues to grow and new families join us on Sunday morning and take part in the various ministries that are offered. It has always been our goal to provide a safe environment for children to learn in and that is why we are investing in a child check in system called Kidcheck. KidCheck is a secure children’s check-in system that enhances the churches security and helps ensure no one can pick up your child without your consent.
How KidCheck Benefits Parents:
- Easily create and update a list of who can pick up your children, and if appropriate, who cannot.
- Upload photos of children and guardians for added security.
- Provide medical and allergy information and alerts.
- No one sees you or your child’s information until you check-in to their facility.
- KidCheck uses the same secure data technology as banks to keep your information safe.
- KidCheck never asks for personal identification such as Social Security numbers, credit cards or banking information and we will never sell the information we do gather.
- Speedy check-in, simply input your 10 digit phone number.
- KidCheck is web based so you can access and modify your account from anywhere.
- Text messaging notifications when your child is checked-in or checked-out, or in case of emergency.
- You’re in control of your account informtion so you know it’s correct and up-to-date.
- Create and update your free account from the comfort of home.
- You choose the photos you want to upload.
Be watching for additional information and the start of KidCheck!